DA’s Office asks for further investigation into deadly San Pedro shooting

The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office has asked police to conduct further investigation involving four people who were arrested in connection with a shooting at a San Pedro park that left two men dead and six other people injured in July.

As a result, three of the four suspects have been released from custody.

“A case was presented to our office, but we have asked for further investigation,” said Greg Risling, a spokesman for the District Attorney’s Office. “Our office is in communication with the Los Angeles Police Department and will review the evidence once it is presented for filing consideration.”

On Monday, Los Angeles police announced that the four suspects were arrested last week by the LAPD and the FBI and booked on suspicion of murder in connection with the July 24 shooting at Peck Park, at 560 Western Ave.

Tashman Williams 31, and Carlyle Phillips, 29, both died.

Related Articles

Crime and Public Safety |


LAPD seeks stiffer laws to combat street racing and takeovers

Crime and Public Safety |


2 homeless men shot near Venice encampment

Crime and Public Safety |


2 arrested in burglary of Karen Bass’s Los Angeles home

Crime and Public Safety |


Man convicted of killing girlfriend in East LA and man in Whittier

Crime and Public Safety |


141 people arrested in Southern California tied to internet crimes against kids, police say

When the shooting broke out, hundreds of people were in the park, which was the site of a car show and a weekly softball game. A motive for the shooting was unclear.

Raynard French, 56, was arrested in Carson; Travion McCraw, 41, was arrested in Lake Elsinore; Antoine Newsome, 41, was arrested in Gardena; and Kenyon Siler, 48, was arrested in Long Beach, police said.

French, Newsome and Siler have been released from custody, according to jail records. Jail records show McCraw remains behind bars without bail; it is unclear if that was related to the Peck Park shooting.