El Camino Real High baseball player dies of fentanyl overdose

A high school baseball player from Woodland Hills has died from a fentanyl overdose, leaving his classmates mourning his death.

Cade Kitchen, a 17-year-old at El Camino Real High School, died of fentanyl poisoning last week and the school sent a letter to the community Thursday announcing the student’s death.

“It is with great sadness that I inform you that one of our 17-year-old students passed away last night,” it says. “This tragic incident was the result of a fatal fentanyl overdose. … On behalf of the El Camino Real community, our thoughts and prayers are with the family during this difficult time.

“After the death of a friend, young people need more support and attention than usual from their parents and other adults,” the letter says. “This is an especially difficult and emotional time for those who knew the student, the student’s family or for students who have experienced recent trauma in their lives.”

If students need additional help, the letter says, the school can be contacted via

Related Articles

Crime and Public Safety |

After demanding to see Pope Francis, American tourist smashes two sculptures in the Vatican

Crime and Public Safety |

Man accused of kidnapping and killing 4 California family members had worked for family’s business

Crime and Public Safety |

The killings of 6 people in Stockton all happened where surveillance cameras were scant

Crime and Public Safety |

Woman’s body found in drop slot of clothing collection box in Santa Clarita

Crime and Public Safety |

Prosecutors link LA investor to international murder-for-hire plot

The circumstances surrounding Kitchen’s death have not been made public.

A 15-year-old female student from Bernstein High School, in the Hollywood area of Los Angeles, was found dead in a bathroom on campus after overdosing on fentanyl on Sept. 13.

Los Angeles Unified School District officials voted to provide Narcan, or Naloxone, on every campus in an effort to address the increase in fentanyl-related overdoses. That program is expected to go into effect next week.

Share the Post:

Related Posts