Support our high school sports coverage by becoming a digital subscriber. Subscribe now.
The Daily News’ final girls basketball rankings for the 2022-23 season:
GIRLS BASKETBALL TOP 10
(Note: All playoff games are scheduled for Thursday at 7 p.m. except Sierra Canyon’s playoff opener, which will be played Saturday night)
1. Sierra Canyon (26-0): The Trailblazers finish the regular season undefeated, the No. 1 team in the country and the No. 1 team in the CIF Southern Section Open Division.
2. Granada Hills Charter (23-4): The Highlanders win the West Valley League unbeaten and will have the No. 1 seed in the City Section Open Division playoffs.
3. Oaks Christian (18-6): The Lions win the Marmonte League and earn a bye in the first round of the CIF-SS Division 1 playoffs.
4. Chaminade (16-12): The Eagles finish the season on a four-game winning streak and second in the Mission League, earning a first-round playoff game in the Division 1 playoffs against Mira Costa.
5. Harvard-Westlake (18-10): The Wolverines finish third in the Mission League and will play at Camarillo in the opening round of the Division 1 playoffs.
6. Hart (25-3): Hart was win away from winning the Foothill League title in flawless fashion, but dropped a game to Canyon 54-52 and will have to share the honor instead. Hart will have a bye in the first round of Division 2AA.
7. Canyon (19-7): Canyon earned a share of the Foothill League title with a late-season win over Hart. Now, the Cowboys will host Covina High in Division 2AA.
8. Westlake (20-8): The Warriors finished second in the Marmonte League and earned an extra feather in their cap with a win over league champion Oaks Christian at the end of the season. Westlake will play Oxnard in the opening round of the Division 1 playoffs.
9. Crescenta Valley (23-5): The Falcons won the Pacific League title outright, earning a berth to the Division 2AA playoffs where they’ll play Pacifica Christian of Orange County.
10. Village Christian (23-5): The Crusaders won the Olympic League by going 8-0 and will carry a 12-game winning streak into the Division 2A playoffs against Los Altos in the first round.
Daily News’ preseason rankings
Daily News’ rankings, Nov. 29
Daily News’ rankings, Dec. 6
Daily News’ rankings, Dec. 13
Daily News’ rankings, Dec. 20
Daily News’ rankings, Jan. 10
Daily News’ rankings, Jan. 23